Screencast | Virtual Writing Tool

Screencast of the VirtualWritingTutor.com

Introduction

Welcome! I have got a great video for you today. If you don’t already know, my name is Simon.

Nobody wants to have embarrassing errors while speaking. I certainly don’t. If you are like me, you want them gone.

I'm not the best student in my class, but I’m a lot better than I was when I started.

I have won awards for creating a website, so I think I should be able to explain how the Virtual Writing Tutor can help you.

My goal is to demonstrate how to use one of the many good features on the Virtual Writing Tutor especially if you're studying in a medical related field.

It'll only take 3 minutes. Get ready to follow my step-by-step tutorial.

It is astonishing what you can do with the website I’m going to show you.

The Problem

When paramedics are called to give medical cares during an emergency, you need to ask specific questions to the patient to give the best medical cares.

If you don't get all the correct information, you can make mistakes that can cost the patient's life. In more, the patient can start to be confused and panic. You will lose credibility.

Imagine that you are not able to get the allergies of the patient with a heart attack and by giving a specific drug, you make his case worse by adding an anaphylactic shock to treat.

That can be difficult. But don’t worry. I have found the solution. In the next few minutes, I’ll show you exactly how to solve this problem.

The Quest

First, open your browser. Type this URL into the address bar and hit enter. If you typed the URL correctly, you will see this page. Don't forget to create an account to be able to use all the features for free!

In the middle of the screen, on the main page, you have a useful tool to correct texts that I already explain in a previous tutorial on my YouTube channel. On the navigation menu, you have many options including the "Glossary Creator". This is the tool we're going to see in this video.

The Solution

One you click on the "Glossary Creator", a new page appears. For this example, I'm going to use a glossary I had already created to show you how useful it can be, but if you're new to this website, you can also create a new glossary by entering a title in the text area, then pressing the submit button who is called "New Glossary".

As you can see on this page, it's pretty easy to edit the information and adding new words. Under every text area, you have a special button to check your grammar to see if you made any mistakes.

Once you're done adding words, you can easily publish it by clicking the publish button.

Now, during an emergency, if you don't remember a specific word, you just have to press the play button of any words and an automated voice will read the word out loud directly to the patient. Also, you have a small definition if you want to describe it to your patient to increase your chances to be understood correctly by him.

The Conclusion

So, if you are in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care or a related field, that’s how you solve the problem of translating medical terms during an intervention.

I hope that was useful to you because I need you to do something for me.

Before I finish, I want you to click to subscribe and the bell so that you don't miss my next video, and then take a moment to share this tutorial on social media. Thanks for watching.

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 611

Total MP3 length: 03:34

Target structure count: 7

Error count: 1

Error density: 1%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Career of a Paramedic | Career Summary Chatbot